Live Well Wakefield provide social and practical support for the health and well-being of patients. Some of the things they can help with are:
- Housing options – Navigating the housing system, how to apply for a property and aids and adaptations to make the current home fit the client
- Advice around maximising income – Discussing benefit options, exploring employment options and referrals to the Department for Work and Pensions
- Support around the Health and Social care system – How to access support, criteria for care and what your rights to care are
- What to do if you’re struggling with a caring role – Support you are entitled to and where you can get extra support and guidance from
- Supporting people who need to access specialised services – particularly around mental health and substance/alcohol misuse.
- Providing opportunities to those who may feel isolated by society or feel ready to embrace a new challenge and those who need knowledge and support on what is available and how to access that support.
- Support for people to maintain their independence- Helping to access services and support such as aids and adaptations, safety equipment and meal delivery services.
Click here for referral.