With the hot weather now upon us it is important to stay safe in the sun and help vulnerable groups such as elderly, young children and those with long term conditions stay safe too.
Beat the Heat this Summer with our Top Tips
- Drink plenty of water and avoid excess of alcohol.
- Stay cool with lightweight, loose fitting clothes. A wide brimmed hat can help protect you from the sun too.
- Take it easy! Avoid strenuous activities in the extreme heat.
- Find a cool spot in the shade whether that’s indoor or outside.
- Check in on vulnerable friends, family and neighbours.
- Be aware of the signs of heat exhaustion (See link below)
- Check the forecast, plan and prepare for the hot weather.
Use the links below for more detailed info and weather forecast.