The practice will ensure that accessibility to the services provided is available for every individual both registered and non-registered.
The practice staff will ensure that the needs of each individual patient are met to the best of their ability. All staff will assist patients attending the surgery including collecting them from the waiting area and escorting them to their consultation as appropriate. Patients requiring this will have a major alert message placed on the clinical system record to prompt both clinical and non-clinical staff.
The practice is as dementia friendly as is currently possible.
There are clearly marked and wider disabled parking bays at both surgeries The route from the designated disabled space to the building is obstacle free with dropped curbs.
– Allows guide or other assistance dogs into the premises
– Both surgeries have automatic doors.
– The approach is flat with no steps and dipped curbs.
– The lobby between external and internal automatic doors has clear wheelchair access.
– There is clear signage on the exterior of the building. The reception area is clearly signed.
– There is a lower part of the reception desks for wheelchair access.
– If access is needed to the first floor at Almshouse Surgery we have a lift with large clear areas in front of the doors. There is a phone which goes straight through to a manned service desk.
– The practice provides a range of high-backed winged-chairs with a high seat base to assist elderly or disabled patients in standing or sitting.
– Both surgeries have disabled toilets on the ground floor which fits the criteria for size and grab rails.
– Provides large font Practice leaflets on request
– Can offer communications in alternative formats where necessary such as SMS or email for users requiring electronic communications
– Offers private room facilities for patients who may have communication, reading, or writing difficulties.
– Allows disabled patients to make appointments online, by phone or letter.
– Will respond to these requests using the method most appropriate to the needs of the patient.
– Has a hearing loop on the reception desk and a portable hearing loop is available to be used in any consultation if required.