We always try to give the best possible service. However, if you have a complaint  about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know. We operate a practice based complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with patient complaints.

How to Complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, preferably at the time they arise and with the person concerned.

If you cannot resolve this problem or if any of our staff feel that a patient is unhappy, you may be contacted by Reception Manager to discuss this further. We will try and resolve any problems quickly and are happy to speak to any patients who are unhappy with any aspects of the service we provide.

If your problem cannot be resolved in this way, and you wish to make a formal complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible.

If this is not possible please let us have details of your complaint within 12 months of the date of the event that caused the problem or within 12 months of the matter first coming to you attention

We would ask in the first instance that a complaint is made using our online form (See below) or written complaints can be sent to our Practice Manager

Kim Holloway – Practice Manager

Trinity Medical Centre

Thornhill Street



Are you complaining on behalf of someone else?

At which site did this happen?
Please tell us which staff group this involves?
Would you like a response or to give this as feedback only? (Responses will be via email where possible)


What Happens Next?

We will acknowledge your complaints within Three working days and aim to provide a more detailed response within a timescale we will agree with you. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation or a meeting with the people involved.

When we look into your complaint we aim to:

– Find out what happened and what went wrong

– Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this

– Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate

– Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of patient confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we have to know that you have their permission. A written letter of authorization from that person will be needed—unless they are incapable of providing this. We can provide you with patient consent forms for completion. One will be provided with your complaints leaflet.

Complaining to the Clinical Commissioning Group

We hope that if you have a problem you will use our practice complaints procedure. We believe this will give us the best opportunity to put right whatever has gone wrong and to improve our practice.

However, this does not affect your right to approach the Clinical Commissioning Group if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us directly.

You can write to:

Complaints Department

Wakefield CCG

White Rose House 

West Parade 



You can also contact  NHS England or the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service.

NHS England complaints

How to contact NHS England complaints

Telephone: 0300 311 22 33



NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Complaints – what you need to provide

Provide as much information as possible to allow NHS England to investigate your complaint. Include some or all of the following:

  • your name and a valid email or home address for reply
  • a phone number in case we need to contact you for additional information
  • a clear description of what you want to complain about and when this happened
  • the name of the service you want to complain about
  • any relevant correspondence

Opening hours : 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, except Wednesdays when they open at the later time of 9.30am. They are closed on bank holidays.

If  you would like to take further advice regarding the complaint handling process, please contact the Health watch

Wakefield Clinical Commissioning Group unity House,



WF1 1EP.

Tel 01924 787379 or Email:

Independent Complaints Advocacy Service

0845 120 3734

UK Ombudsman Services

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman website contains detailed information on raising a complaint about any aspect of the NHS in England.

The contact address for Ombudsman is:


Mosley Street


M2 3HQ